Friday 25 January 2008

Bad Hair Day

A while ago I complained that Bert never notices when I've had my hair done. Today he noticed straight away. And here's why:


Yes, I'm a ginger nut!

Over the past few months I've let my hair revert to its natural grey (to match my mood) and today I decided that I should brighten it up (to match my new mood). Why today in particular? Well, tonight I have a 'big night out', and I didn't want to feel self-conscious about my 'old lady' hair. And I guess I won't be feeling self-conscious about that.

The shade is called 'Sandy'. But whereas the model's hair on the box looks kind of 'golden-beach-sandy', mine appears to be more 'brick-sandy'. It is supposed to wash out in 6 - 8 washes but having spent all day washing my hair, clearly those washes have to be spread out on different days.

I frequently embarrass my daughters, but I don't think I've ever made their mouths fall open before.

Good job it's Burns Night tonight. I can always pretend I was too cheap to buy one of these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

andrew never told me you had such a wonderful tatty 'ead!
mr. ron.