Wednesday 19 September 2007

Head case

So, I've had my hair done. It looks pretty good for an older, prematurely grey-haired woman with mad, dry hair.

The girls both noticed immediately and said how nice it is. No comment from Bert.

A bit later G (Bert's brother) turned up and said, "Oh! Have you changed your hair or something?" (He's one step further up the developmental ladder than Bert.)

So I said, "Yes, and everyone has noticed except Bert."

"Oh I noticed, I just didn't say anything."

"Well, what do you think?"

"What do you want me to say?"

Sheesh.

-----

Anyway, G wanted to know whether I'd mentioned him on the blog lately. He's only interested if there's an ego trip in it for him.

But at least he reads it occasionally. Bert was quizzed by a friend of mine recently at a party, after he'd admitted that he doesn't read this blog. She was astonished - how could you not read a blog that is all about you? "I don't have the time," he said, "And anyway, I don't need to read it because I know what I'm like." Pause. "She hasn't said anything about biscuits, has she?"

No comments: