Wednesday 17 October 2007

Post-haste

Oops. It's been so long since I last posted I accidentally typed 'lovingwithbert' into Google. Anyway, on that note I thought I'd better offer you a quickie.

Here are some possible reasons why I haven't posted for a while:

  • Bert left
  • I left
  • I was showing solidarity for the UK postal strike
  • The Internet was broken
  • I've been away
  • I won the lottery
  • Bert stopped being funny


Ergonomic working conditions

Sorry to tease - of course it is the most mundane of reasons. Our Internet connection (left) was broken. It was fixed a few days ago, but only accessible from Bert's PC (right). Bert is on his computer 90% of the time (and wonders why his shoulder hurts) and the girls account for another 9%. I found my 1% access too limiting, and sitting at Bert's ergonomically challenged desk wasn't overly inviting.


Anyway, having lured you back in I am going to go off again. We are off to Florida for 18 days (wonder if those McEnroe fans are still lurking?). We are going with our pals the Scouse Gits so there will be plenty of fun and no doubt a few too many hangovers.

We are setting off at 5.30 am tomorrow morning, and of course Bert has not even thought about packing. He has just announced that he still needs to:

  • go and get currency
  • go shopping for toiletries and Patak's curry pastes
  • wash his only pair of jeans
  • find his one pair of shorts and sandals

So to my fans - both of you - I bid a temporary farewell and will soon be back with more Bertisms.

No comments: