Wednesday 27 June 2007

The end is in sight

I spoke too soon. Not only has Bert visited G's osteopath, he was so impressed he has booked me in for a visit too. As he said, I need a treat.

Bert is being uncharacteristically kind this week because I had a sigmoidoscopy (if you don't know what that is, it's a camera up the bum). It was a deeply unpleasant experience. Firstly, I looked at the screen too soon and saw something no-one should ever see: their own arsehole (mine is a tad hairier than I would have hoped). And secondly, it was so incredibly painful I couldn't believe it. In the end I couldn't watch the screen any more because it was showing me that they were carrying on even though I was crying and nearly broke the nurses hand.

So when we got home, I had to go for a lie down in a somewhat traumatised state. After a while Bert crept in and asked "Is it ok if I use some power tools?".

Shame the doctor didn't ask the same question.

2 comments:

katy said...

ouch, yuk and lol!

Kerrio said...

*wipes teas from eyes*