Sunday 10 February 2008

Spot the oxymoron

We visited our pals the Scouse Gits yesterday.

At one point, Bert started debating the nature of empathy. (Yeah, you're right. We had started drinking by this time.)

In order to illustrate his point, Bert turned to the Gits' 19 year old daughter.

"Hey [beautiful daughter of very close friends], you'd piss on me if I was on fire, wouldn't you?"

"Of course!" she replied politely.

Bert, suddenly empathising with how this might sound to parental ears, sought to correct any potential misunderstandings.

"Only if I'm on fire, though."

2 comments:

Libby Davy said...

Oh lovely. That makes me feel much better about some of the bizarre stuff that comes pouring out of my Aussie git gob sometimes. Really enjoying this blog Ann. What fun. Want more!

Tilly said...

Maybe Bert has a bit of 'Antipathean' in his ancestry...